From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-15 07:27:23

Peter Dimov wrote:
> We don't seem to be running any tests on Comeau C++, why? Not using the
> "reference compiler" for our testing doesn't make much sense. Has the
> "reference compiler" changed without me noticing?

This is really a valid question! I remember a discussion before 1.32
where the decision was made to cease the como tests for some reason, I
think it was due to (auto-)link problems:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/115594

Anyway, at the moment the only tests on EDG are those for Intel Compiler
what makes it difficult to isolate EDG typical problems. E.g. there have
been some problems in boost.test for a long time because of overloading
issues where EDG works more correct than all the other compilers:
http://tinyurl.com/5g65r (this special one has is caused by Genaddiy's
changes after 1.32).

Cheers,

Stefan