From: James Fowler (boost_list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-15 11:12:19

rasmus ekman wrote:

> When the winning logo is selected, ask the designer to please create
> a version with the word "Candidate" stamped over or just below.
> It could also be somewhat greyed-out or whatever.
>
> This logo may be used in docs for libraries at all steps until
> acceptance;
> the Boost logo should be reserved for acccepted libs.

good idea... I went ahead and created an example, applying your
suggestions to the "old" logo:

Is that what you had in mind? :) Should look even better with a new logo.

There may be a catch, though... In docs based on BoostBook and
QuickBook, the html section containing the logo is generated
automatically (in boostbook/xsl/navbar.xsl, AFAICT). There isn't an
indicator for the release status of a given library which would allow
selection among various logos (is there?). I think we need to
establish a clear set of possible states for the release status
(unsubmitted|candidate|approved|etc...), so that this information can be
easily expressed and then consistently used by QuickBook and BoostBook.
I would also suggest that the "default" be something other than
approved... ;)

- james

 James Fowler, Open Sea Consulting
 http://www.OpenSeaConsulting.com, Marietta, Georgia, USA