From: Russell Hind (rh_gmane_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-17 14:48:39

Jeff Garland wrote:

> Ok -- added to the 1.33 todo list -- although 5.6.4 looks a bit shaky from a
> serialization lib point of view. A bunch of the archive tests are marked as
> failing. Anyway, we will turn on the regression tests soon. Of course
> there's some date_time limits as well w.r.t. output on 5.6.4.

Hi Jeff,

Pablo Aguilar has found the issue with serializing ptimes and bcc32.
The serialize functions work fine, unless you pre-compile the
serialization headers and not the time_serialize.hpp header. This leads
to the error

[C++ Error] serialization.hpp(121): E2015 Ambiguity between
'boost::serialization::void
serialize<boost::archive::text_oarchive>(boost::archive::text_oarchive
&,boost::posix_time::ptime &,const unsigned int)' and
'boost::serialization::void
serialize<boost::archive::text_oarchive,boost::posix_time::ptime>(boost::archive::text_oarchive
&,boost::posix_time::ptime &,const unsigned int)'

The solution is to either not pre-compile any of the serialization stuff
or add time_serialize.hpp to the pre-compiled list also.

So looks like nothing for you to fix for 1.33 :) (Unless you want to add
a note about this to the docs)

Thanks

Russell