From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-18 16:21:53

"christopher diggins" <cdiggins_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]

This was your opinion, and not part of the quoted license text. I'm sorry
but the only text that matters is that which is part of the license. IIRC,
the boost license avoids these sorts of conditions at the behest of several
corporate IP legal staff, who otherwise would have not approved of the use
of boost in their client's/employer's software products.

> I consider a binary redistribution of a library (or derived work from a
> library) to be an object file, a .dll, or .zip file. An executable does
> not in any way resemble a source code library in form or function, which
> logically implies that it is not a "redistribution in binary form". Like I
> said, I am not a legal expert which is why I asked about legal precedent.
>
> Throsten, I found your exagerrated overuse of question marks and the fact
> that you snipped the relevant portion of my email discourteous.

Thorsten did retain the relevant portion, the quoted license text.

Jeff Flinn