From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-20 13:47:43

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:01:41 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
> "Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:02:34 +0000 (UTC), David Abrahams wrote
> >
> >> Somebody has to do the dirty work ;-). Why don't you edit that step
> >> into the release process page?
> >
> > Done -- the text there is obviously provisional as I'm not sure of
> > the best way to get all the results pages off the meta-comm site
> > short of a web spider or asking for help...
>
> I don't quite understand why anything like that would be needed...
> but then I'm on the plane and can't see the message you're replying
> to, so I might be missing something. I thought I was just
> suggesting you add a step to our official "steps for the release
> manager" page.

Yes, I already added something to the release_mgr_checklist.html. The problem
is that the steps on that page are very detailed -- exact commands and such to
be entered. Since the regression results aren't a single web-page, but rather
an interlinked set of pages they need to be gathered as a group and put into
the overall Boost web-site structure. Since the pages the release manager
needs to gather aren't on sourceforge it isn't obvious the exact commands to
follow -- hence the provisional nature of the step details...

Jeff