From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-20 14:53:48

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 20:12:55 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
>
>>"Jeff Garland" <jeff_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> - We ought to have a system for automatically notifying anyone who
>> checks in a regression, and displaying information about the
>> change responsible for the regression on the status page.
>
> Do we even have a way of tracking the check-ins? That might be a good first
> step. I notice that sourceforge seems to be generating some sort of email
> when I check-in, but I don't know of a way to subscribe to the changelist.

Yes we do. Dave and I, long ago, set up those emails SF sends so we
could get Buildbot to work. So if we track CVS changes to the individual
builds we can tell who and what breaks a build. Even though I'm still
working on the buildbot here's a sneak peek..
http://build.redshift-software.com:9990/

>> - There should be enough computing power to handle all these tests
>> in a timely fashion.
>
> Guess it depends on what you consider timely -- 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day? We
> are somewhere in the 2 day sort of range now. From the developer perspective,
> the ideal world would be 'right now'. I've got these changes I'm working on,
> I've tested on my core compilers and I'm ready to see the results for other
> compilers. It seems like most testers run one regression test per day, while
> others run several. So depending on when you check-in, it takes up to a
> couple days to really see the results of all platforms/compilers. The only
> way I see us getting closer to the ideal is more machines really dedicated to
> just Boost testing...

Or going to an active system like Buildbot.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything