From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-20 22:32:50

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:17:00 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
> > I don't know of a CVS command that would give me all the changes to the
> > repository in the last 12 hours (there may be one).
>
> cvs diff -D "12 hours ago" -D now

Thx, that's handy to know...

> >> I'd really like to avoid that.
> >
> > Why, what does it hurt?
>
> Extra overhead; more to manage. I'd rather have an automated system
> that "just works" (yeah, right ;->)

Well, I don't see any overhead or any more to manage. We don't have to keep
running some tool. We pretty much know what the core libs are. Make it
policy, tell the developers when they need to freeze and trust they will
observe it. If they don't and break the build well, they will face the wrath
of the rest of us. I don't see why we couldn't make some reasonable agreement
like this...

Jeff