From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-21 06:08:35

Martin Slater wrote:
>> Yes you're right -- as I mentioned in the paragraph, however, we seem
>> to have
>
> > lost our MingW tester currently.
>

> How long do the regressions tests normally take to run? I have an idle
> computer for 10-12hrs or so each night which could quite happily run the
> mingw tests. Also is it possible to execute distributed builds? (via
> distcc or similar)

Well, that obviously depends a lot on the speed of the computer.
For a single toolset to test with, 10-12h are definitely sufficient,
even on a slightly outdated CPU and with rebuilding everything from
scratch. Don't run the tests with less than .5 GB of RAM.

I don't think anybody runs tests using distcc. However, I know at least
Boost 1.31.0 can be built using distcc and with -j4 (someone told me
that just yesterday on IRC). IIUC, there's nothing that should prevent
distcc from working fine with Boost.Build (of course, you need
sufficiently similar boxes). In fact, it would be a good thing to test
with distcc.

HTH,