From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-21 22:09:09

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:19:07 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
>>then yes, it's "broken." If there are other problems, I'm surprised
>>to hear it.
>
> No I mean straight up changes to files. I've resorted to frequently using
> bjam -a after I checked in a change that broke something. After I tracked it
> down I realized that an incremental bjam failed to force a test rebuild and
> run even though it should have -- thus I missed the error before I checked in.
> On the other side of the coin, I see stuff rebuild that I think should not be
> impacted by a change. I haven't spent time to be sure that an unneeded
> dependency hasn't crept in, but it seems unlikely. Honestly I don't
> understand how this started happening because I haven't rebuilt bjam in ages...

Do you know when it started happening.. I know that at one point before
the 1.32 release there was a change that broke the regex that's used for
the scanning in BBv1. Somehow the tabs in the regex got translated to
spaces which made for a very picky scanner :-(

PS. Let that be a warning to all.. If you see real TABS in the BB .jam
files *don't* "fix" them. They are usually intentional.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything