From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-21 22:42:47

> Wave is not just a tool, if one defines a tool as just a program to run
with
> some command line options, or a GUI in which one fills in some dialog and
> runs. While Wave has a command line, it also has a programming interface

I am not saying it could not be used as a mean for creating custom
preprocessor. But I do see it used this way only for some arcane and/or
academic purposes, which IMO will cover quite small portion of it's users.
And I do not see why the rest of us should be faced with library that will
never be tested, require comparatively advanced compilers and need to do
actual compilation before it could be used, with very limited understanding
from majority of the community how it's working. While instead we could have
excellent tool that works with all compilers, delivered in a format
desirable by majority of it's users without need for compilation and simple
usage docs.
  I guess an ability to create a custom C++ preprocessors (when even to
start using wave this way one needs to be an expect in C++ preprocessor
standard) is not compelling enough for me to justify an inconvenience for
the majority of the users.

Gennadiy