From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 12:49:40

Larry Evans wrote:
> On 03/22/2005 11:04 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> One of the difficulties testing a tool/library such as wave on a large
>> scale
>> seems to me to be the system/platform specific nature of such a task. As
>> soon as you leave the scale of unit tests, you'll end up with
>> system-dependent
>> headers that require knowledge about system compilers.
>

> I thought that boost build solved that problem. Can't you use that?

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not talking about the knowledge required
to compile wave, but the knowledge required to use wave-the-tool
on non-trivial C/C++ input. Whenever wave parses something as simple
as "#include <string>" it needs to have a *lot* of knowledge about
system-dependent details, as system headers usually contain a lot of
instructions that assume a particular compiler. In fact, often system
headers are shipped *with* a specific compiler to make that work out.

Regards,
                Stefan