From: Don G (dongryphon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-23 03:22:14

Of the mechanisms discussed, I am not sure I understand what you mean
by async I/O with only one thread. I can imagine a nonblocking/select
style approach that has no extra threads, but as soon as the main
thread is not waiting on I/O itself (my interpretation of "async"),
there needs to be threads to do the waiting. Unless I am missing
something (which happens often<g>) or we are having terminology
problems (also a frustratingly frequent occurrence).

Best,
Don