From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-23 18:10:07

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Rob Stewart" <stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote
>
>> So, the question remains: Is "Boost Candidate.Name" instead of
>> "Boost.Name" a good idea in message traffic prior to acceptance?
>
> What about just "Name" ?

It may not be clear from "Name" that it represents a library (e.g. "FSM"); or it
may not be clear which library is intended (e.g. "iostreams" or "algorithms"
could refer to a boost library or a standard library).

Libraries with disctinctive names, such as Spirit, don't have this problems. But
consider the candidate Boost Interfaces library (which started this discussion).
If I write:

    "I'm working to make Interfaces easier to use"

many people might have no idea that I'm talking about a specific library under
development. But if I say

    "I'm working to make the candidate Boost Interfaces library easier to use"

it's perfectly clear.

Jonathan