From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-24 06:25:36

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:02:19 +0800, Joel de Guzman wrote
> David Abrahams wrote:
> > Rob Stewart <stewart_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >
> >>(For that matter, Boost.Book and QuickBook could be modified to
> >>generate such names automatically, with a switch that indicates
> >>that a library has not yet been accepted.)
> >

> > Overhead. Complication. This is a simple thing; no need to make it
> > into something big.
>
> Using QuickBook, no modification is needed. Example:
>
> [def __pizzalib__ Candidate Pizza Library]
>
> The __pizzalib__ provides an infrastructure to easily make
> all sorts of pizza variations using extreme template meta
> programming. Warning: Salami not included.
>
> When Pizza Lib gets accepted, just tweak the def.

As much as I'm a quickbook fan, we can't expect library developers to use it.
 Also, I wouldn't want to discourage authors from using the Boost directory
structure or practices during the dev phase as I think someone suggested
earlier in this thread. Using boost practices makes it easier for all of us
to evaluate, develop, etc. So I'm with Dave on this -- a simple 'candidate'
(or similar designation) in emails works.

Jeff