From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-25 21:56:32

David Abrahams wrote:
> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Several months ago I became the official maintainer of
>> Boost.Rational, and am just now getting around to considering
>> proposed modifications to the library.
>>
>> I would like to know:
>>
>> 1. Do people use Boost.Rational, and if so, what is it used for, and
>> with what template parameters?
>
> I'm not using it now, but I will probably want to throw it at my
> upcoming linear algebra code, using an unlimited precision integer
> type (if I can find one) as the template parameter.

Would it be kosher for me to grab a bigint class from the Yahoo files section --
say the one by Ronald Garcia and Andrew Lumsdaine -- make sure it is in good
shape, and let it be the default template parameter to rational? Naturally, as
soon as a bigint class is accepted I would use it instead.

Jonathan