From: Ariel Badichi (abadichi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-28 16:11:56

Philippe Mori wrote:
> Well for exercice 2-1, I think I have a solution that is a little better
> because it detect when C and X are of the same type and this
> lead to a reduction of specilizations that are required for replacement
> of complex expressions.
>
> The extra boolean parameter automatically detect when a replacment
> is possible for arbitrary complex X that match C.

This could probably be 'improved' so you don't need the boolean in each
specialization. Hint: The Fundamenetal Theorem of Software Engineering.

> *** I'm not sure how to add this solution to the Wiki page without
> making a long answer that have both answer. For me, it seems that
> each post should be independant (as in a news group).
[code snipped]

I suppose you could just append a ---- and your answer. Then Wiki would
output a pretty visible separator. If you don't like that idea, you
could factor the answers into several pages.

When adding code to Wiki, an advice:
Before the code snippet, add a space and <nowiki>.
After the code snippet, add a </nowiki>.
Unfortunately I didn't know this when I began adding answers.