From: Daniel Schlyder (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-30 08:23:42

Thorsten Ottosen:
> hm..is this from a cvs snapshot? If so, please update.

No, I'm using CVS HEAD. I just updated and recompiled with the same result.
I'm using MinGW GCC 3.4.2, BTW, sorry for not mentioning before.

> what is the virtual_control::s__xxxxxxxxxx ? Why don't you write
>
> const std::set<std::string> foo = ...:

s_unbindables_permanent is a static variable in a class named
virtual_control.

> hm...don't call to adapter unless you are dealing with an adapter (queue,
> priority_queue, stack).

Oh, I'm not much of a C++ expert, as I'm sure you understand. ;) Didn't know
the difference between a container and a container adapter.

> Read about to_container() instead.

Thanks. Using it, the code compiles. I see it's mentioned as being a
workaround. Is it really needed for GCC 3.4.2? Why then did it work before?
(Not sure when I last worked on this code, might be as long as a month ago.
I can try to find out exactly when it stopped working (the CVS date, I mean)
if that would be useful.)

Thanks for your help,

--
Daniel Schlyder