From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-30 17:41:35

| "Thorsten Ottosen" <nesotto_at_[hidden]> writes:

| > | I should note that old compilers like vc6 and vc7 don't support ADL
| > | for regular functions (just operators), so our approach, which puts
| > | the code into boost::begin(), doesn't work on those compilers anyway.
| >
| > no, but the library writers still needs to deal with it.
|
| ?? No comprende

as a library witer you want to support as many platforms as possible--you want
the code to wok with vc6 and borland,
if possible. Hence you have to #ifdef every ADL lookup point in your code.

I think some compilers do get ADL when the function is seen *before* the ADL
lookup point, but not between
the lookup point and the intantiation. I would have to run a new test to be
sure of the compiler conformity, though.

-Thorsten