From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-02 10:53:40

As some of you already know, I've been working on producing a Boost
implementation of the Technical Report on C++ Library Extensions, the first
full version is now available from:
http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=tr1

The documentation can also be viewed online at:
http://freespace.virgin.net/boost.regex/tr1/doc/html/tr1.html

For those new to the TR, the following are supported in this release:

Reference Wrappers
Smart Pointers
Class template result_of.
Function template mem_fn.
Function Object Binders.
Polymorphic function wrappers.
Type Traits.
Random Number Generators and Distributions.
Tuples.
Tuple Interface to std::pair.
Fixed Size Array.
Hash Function Objects.
Regular Expressions.
Complex Number Algorithm Overloads.
Complex Number Additional Algorithms.

The following are not yet supported, but will be as soon as hash-tables make
it into Boost:

Unordered Associative Set (Hash Table).
Unordered Associative Map (Hash Table).

The following do not currently have Boost-licence compatible implementations
and are not supported:

Mathematical Special Functions.
C99 Math Functions.

Finally, note that I may split the complex number stuff out into a separate
submission (I'll post another message about this).

As ever, comments are most welcome.

John.