From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-03 20:34:33

On Mar 30, 2005, at 9:28 PM, Robert Zeh wrote:
> After consulting with Doug Gregor I've done some more work on signals
> performance. The patch I've attached removes the pImpl idiom in
> named_slot_map and iterator_facade.
>
> The signals regression tests still past.
>
> The performance numbers look better. Here are the speed test numbers
> from the current boost CVS.

Looks great! I've committed the patch to CVS. Thank you, again.

For future reference, if you'd like to verify correctness of changes to
signals you can run the random_signal_system test program, which beats
on the connect/disconnect/invoke mechanism pretty hard. For instance, I
checked your patch by building a system with 1000 signals, 0.01 edge
probability, and running 50,000 iterations. Since it passed, we can be
pretty darn confident that all is well.

        Doug