From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-15 12:50:39

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I'm amazed to discover that in only ONE single case have any of the
> programmers, managers, etc ever even heard of boost. This group even
> includes an ex head of the computer science department at a top tier
> university !!!

FWIW, I've had similar experiences. I thought it would be a situation
specific to the country I live in (Germany). While it's somewhat a
relief to hear it isn't different elsewhere, it's also frustrating.

It's pretty sad that someone like Robert who wrote an amazing and so
useful piece of software and who managed to get it reviewed and accepted
by most knowledgeable and experienced software developers doesn't
receive any reputation bonus for his contribution.

<lament>
What makes me really worry is that many places even seem to be unaware
of the fact that there is a C++ standard. I'm afraid most software is
still being written by copy-pasting stuff from questionable sources on
the web by people who don't understand what they're doing.
</lament>

Regards,