From: Boris (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-21 11:03:41

Don G wrote:
> After many discussions over the past week or two on this topic, I've
> made some changes to the abstraction I proposed (more along the lines
> of the Wiki stuff). Hopefully tonight/this_weekend I will get around
> to adding thoughts to the HTML file that describes the proposal.

Hi Don,

on what part of the network library are you working? It seems like you are
in level 1 without I/O streams - whatever this part could be called. :) If I
look at the extremes - wrapper classes for the C API and an
acceptor-connector pattern with service handlers like in ACE - where is your
library? You are somewhere in between if I am right: I don't see any socket
class but see classes reminding me of network functions. Do you think we
need another layer? Shall we drop the acceptor-connector pattern? Is your
library which belongs to level 1 a neighbour of an acceptor-connector based
package with different goals?

Still trying to make a complete picture, :)
Boris