From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-22 08:46:04

On Apr 22, 2005, at 7:46 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:

> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>> We have > 700 regressions and > 3000 failures showing up in the
>> regression tests. Library authors, please review the regression test
>> summaries for your libraries and start fixing bugs. If there are bugs
>> that cannot be fixed for release (due to broken compilers, the need
>> for huge changes to the library, etc.), mark them as expected failures
>> or mark the library as "unusable" in
>> status/explicit-failures-markup.xml.
>
> Question: what should I do if a test failure does not render the
> library unusable, but I don't want to mark the failure as "expected"
> because I _never_ expect failures. ;-)

The typical way to handle this is to mark the failure as expected with
a note that explains that it doesn't make the library unusable.

> Basically, what I'm asking for is support for non-critical failures,
> still show as yellow in the detail view, don't make the library box
> turn yellow in the summary view. I think.

Would making the color of expected failures something that's not green
(everything's okay) and not yellow or red (something's broken) work for
you? That would be useful for me, because I'm noticing that for certain
compilers the number of expected failures in the Graph lib is
approaching the number of tests... but that's not obvious at first
glance.

Expected failures don't make the library box yellow.

        Doug