From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 06:52:45

>> I'm afraid they are on the HEAD branch..
>>
>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/more/logo_images/

Oh, shucks.

>> Which is why Stefan asked. Perhaps it was an unintentional commit?
>
> I was just following procedure here:
> http://www.boost.org/more/updating_the_website.html
>
> It's not clear what one should do if something needs to be placed in
> the website but not intended to be released. Ultimately, I can simply
> remove it from the RC branch whenever we get to it, so I do not see
> why there's a big fuss. If it's the size of the CVS update you are
> concerned with, then probably the right thing to do is to clarify the
> procedure for making updates to the boost website content. Again, I
> am just following procedure.

I see what you mean, I guess this was a special case when the rules should
have been broken :-)

Maybe we could move the logos into a cvs branch, and remove them from
cvs-HEAD: there's no real reason why folks should download them if they just
want a cvs copy (Boost's big enough as it is).

John.