From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-25 11:43:36

On 4/25/05, John Torjo <john.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I've just updated the Boost Log Library:
> http://torjo.com/code/logging-v132.zip
>
> I would also like to ask for a _Formal Review_.

Nicely done John. I'm glad to see this (hopefully) moving toward the
finish line. Unfortunately this release is missing the size-based and
time-based rollover appenders I suggested some time ago. I think
these are desirable to many users and should be included in some form
in the initial implementation.

I'm attaching them to this message. Here's the gmane link to my
original posting which explains the implementations in more detail:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/113491

> - removed dependency on boost_thread
> Note: I did not test this on Unix, but it should work.
> If anybody can take a look at detail/ts_posix.hpp, I'd
> appreciate it.

The member initialization of m_mutex on line 53 of ts_posix.hpp is
invalid and should be removed.

Also, in examples/multiple_threads/use_logs.cpp, g++ doesn't like this line:

        thread ( bind(writer_thread,idx) );

I had to give the unnnamed thread object a name to get the code to compile.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com