From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 04:42:18

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>> Bronek Kozicki wrote:

>>> could you pls. develop fix for como-win32-tools.jam? I agree with
>>> your
>>
>> flags como-win32 CFLAGS <threading>single :
>> -DBOOST_SP_DISABLE_THREADS ;
>
> This sounds like something that should be fixed in smart_ptr, not in
> the build system. Would it not be better to have the smart_ptr config
> use BOOST_SP_DISABLE_THREADS in the case of como strict mode
> (assuming you can tell) so that it fixes it for everyone, not just
> people that use Boos.Build.

I'd have fixed it from shared_ptr's side, but this would mean that when you
mix strict and non-strict translation units you'd have half of them use
SP_DISABLE_THREADS (and there would be no indication that this happened).
I'm not sure whether this would be a good thing. It seems to me that it is
preferable to let people know that there might be a problem and leave the
final decision of defining SP_DISABLE_THREADS versus disabling strict mode
to them.