From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 11:32:54

Joel <joel_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Rene Rivera wrote:

>>> They're not in *any* branch (just on the web site).
>> I'm afraid they are on the HEAD branch..
>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/more/logo_images/
>> Which is why Stefan asked. Perhaps it was an unintentional commit?
>
> I was just following procedure here:
> http://www.boost.org/more/updating_the_website.html
>
> It's not clear what one should do if something needs to be placed in
> the website but not intended to be released. Ultimately, I can simply
> remove it from the RC branch

For this release, that's the HEAD.

> whenever we get to it, so I do not see why there's a big fuss.

The bigger the CVS repository gets, the worse its performance whether
or not you are actually using all the parts.

> If it's the size of the CVS update you are concerned with

That too.

> Then probably the right thing to do is to clarify the procedure for
> making updates to the boost website content. Again, I am just
> following procedure.

Done. But honestly, this seems like a case where a little thought
might've served better than blind obedience. There are still cases
that the procedure can't adequately cover, and there always will be.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting