From: Stefan Strasser (sstrasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-26 23:22:39

> Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

Yes

> Did you try to use the library? With what compiler? Did you have
any problems?

icc 8.1 linux
gcc 3.3 linux
gcc 3.4 linux
gcc 4.0 20050418 linux

no problems

> What is your evaluation of the documentation?

I agree that it shouldn't be named "foreach", although it is very much
keyword-like, but I think a "#define foreach BOOST_FOREACH" in the
documentation examples would encourage its use.

I'd like to see a few notes about possible performance impact of
BOOST_FOREACH because of confused optimizers etc. in the documentation.
there's almost none but you have to find out yourself if it's not
documented.

(I did so with icc and gcc. innerloops looked the same or almost the
same. gcc generates some overhead outside the loop: a non-inlined call
to addressof and 12 bytes of additional reserved stack space, which can
be problematic with deep recursion)

> What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?

very convenient, will use it

> Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

user-perspective

--
Stefan Strasser