From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-29 06:59:25

On 4/28/05, Michael Glassford <glassfordm_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> <quote>
> patching file util.inl
> Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 350
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
> </quote>
>
> Any ideas why? In case it's a problem with the command line I'm
> entering, what should it be?

As with a compiler, this sort of tool just shouldn't crash. In the
interests of expediency, I'm attaching the complete files
(libs/thread/test/util.inl and test_read_write_mutex.cpp) with my
changes applied.

Here's the standard way I apply patches, in case this helps for the future:

cd /path/to/boost/root
# Test that the patch applies cleanly - if you see any "FAILED"
messages, it doesn't :)
patch -p0 --dry-run < patchfile
# OK? Do it for real
patch -p0 < patchfile