From: Howard Hinnant (hinnant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-01 13:58:56

On May 1, 2005, at 1:28 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> Ever since I fixed bug with locale/manipulators handling (particularly
> added std::locate-support to the list of requirements in Jamfile for
> Boost.Test libs) all cw-8_3 tests seems to be crashing at runtime.
> From what
> I see it's somewhere in iostream implementation. Also I noticed
> following in
> build log:
>
> ### mwld Linker Warning:
> # Multiply defined symbol: std::ios_base::ios_base(void)
> (??0ios_base_at_std@@IAE_at_XZ) in
> # files test_tools.obj (libboost_test_exec_monitor.lib),
> MSL_All-DLL80_x86_D.dll (MSL_All-DLL_x86_D.lib), keeping definition in
> MSL_All-DLL80_x86_D.dll

The 8.3 version of CodeWarrior for Windows does not support locales
from dynamic libs. The UseDLLPrefix.h header is commonly used to
properly set up the import/export flags. This header will also #define
_MSL_NO_LOCALE which disables locale support.

When linked against static versions of MSL_All, full locale support is
available.

-Howard