From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-02 13:03:01

>> #include <boost/range/end.hpp>
>> #include <boost/range/begin.hpp>
>> #include <boost/range/result_iterator.hpp>
>>
>> and everything it depends on.
>
> I still don't see why this is such a concern.

My primary concern as a Boost.Test developer who want to employ FOREACH is
portability. And simpler/less depencencies the code is/has the easier to
achive a portability I need. And a secondary point is that IMO 95 % of users
will only need this basic support. So why should they pay for something that
only 5 percent of users need.

> This would effectively double the amount of code in foreach.hpp, and

I do not think that's true. Essentially you only need an alternative
implementation for begin and end.

> double the test matrix. I would need to see some hard numbers about
> compile times before I do that.

It's would be just another level of compatibility: stl compatible containers
only.

Gennadiy