From: Iain K. Hanson (iain.hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-03 11:00:05

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 20:55 -0400, Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Iain K. Hanson" <ikh_at_[hidden]> wrote

> > I am much more in agreement with the views expressed in D&E.
>
> I am sorry, what is D&E?

Design and Evolution of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup.

>From the end of chapter 18 "The C Preprocessor " ( last Para ) :

"I'd like to see Cpp abolished. However, the only realistic and
responsible way of doing that is first to make it redundant, then
encourage people to use the better alternatives, and <em> then </em> -
years later - banish Cpp into the program development with the other
extra-linguistic tools where it belongs."

/ikh

This email has been scanned for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System.