From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 16:17:51

On 5/4/05, Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Without some sort of buffer between message formatting and message
> output, how do you allow multiple threads to write to a log without
> intermingling their messages? Locking on every op<< isn't good
> enough.

Actually, a way just occurred to me immediately after sending this.
The proxy object that holds the stream ref that is the target of op<<
could hold a lock as well. Still, I don't like this idea. I prefer
the current design with its incremental formatting of individual
BOOST_LOG messages in a stringstream with flushing to the appenders
when the message is complete.

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com