From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-04 20:45:06

"Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email)"
<SeeWebsiteForEmail_at_[hidden]> wrote

> ... So I think it's entirely reasonable that building boost might
> generate C++ using *other* tools. I bet such an approach would lead to
> more maintainable and easy-to-understand code (only requiring knowledge
> of general tools that should be in a boost developer's toolchest anyway)
> instead of using the PP programming paradigm, of which learning I
> believe is less rewarding.

Interesting... Can you provide an example of how would such a tool generate
C++ based on the library user input... Lets just start with the simplest
one: the user wants to set maximum size of the mpl::vector<> to 50... Can
you explain how that would be achieved with an external tool?

Regards,
Arkadiy