From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-05 14:46:21

On 5/5/05, Nathan Myers <ncm_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> (I don't know what of the above has already been discussed, I just
> rejoined after a long hiatus.)

Oh there has been a LOT of discussion in the past month or so.

I'm not sure there is 100% consensus on this, but my understanding is
that a Boost.Sockets implementation would provide interfaces at
several different layers, and iostreams would be at one of the higher
levels. Here's a direct quote from Iain Hanson who named/categorized
the layers:

--
Caleb Epstein
caleb dot epstein at gmail dot com