From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-06 08:25:55

I'm using some of the recent features of boost, and so
I updated regularly from cvs and recompile. However,
as was noted before, a simple 'bjam' will take a *lot*
of time, and consume a *lot* of disk space. Right now
I'm seeing almost 900 MB in my boost tree and that
doesn't even count all the space taken by boost
once 'bjam install' has finished.

I'd really like to see an option to instruct boost.build
only to produce one set of libraries, such as
release-multithread-shared (falling back to static if
shared isn't available).

I don't care how such an option would be spelled, and
whether that would become the default build target or
not. But the current situation is quite wastefull, IMO.

Thanks,
                Stefan