From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-07 10:56:28

Patrick Hartling wrote:
> I haven't seen any posts about this, so please pardon me if I have missed
> it, but Boost does not currently build on Mac OS X Tiger with the 'darwin'
> toolset because the option -fcoalesce-templates has been removed from the
> Apple build of GCC 4.0. I have made simple modifications to my checked out
> copy of the latest Boost source to allow the libraries I need to build, but
> my changes would break the usability of Boost libraries on previous versions
> of OS X that need -fcoalesce-templates. I would be happy to submit a patch
> and run any tests if someone could suggest how I would go about modifying
> boost/tools/build/v1/darwin-tools.jam in a backwards compatible manner. Thanks.

You can test the $(JAMUNAME) variable to see which OS, machine, version,
etc. you are on. It mirrors the output of "uname", so the third item
tells you the darwin kernel version. For me, on 10.2, it has: "Darwin"
"six" "6.8" <long descriptive string> "Power Macintosh". To test it you
would do something like:

if $(JAMUNAME[3]) == "6.8"
{
}