From: Dan Rosen (dan.rosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-09 19:45:31

Jason,

This is part of the rat-hole I was hoping to direct you away from in
the thread discussing your Singleton design in late March:

  http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/2531666

I am still of the opinion that the mechanism you're trying to develop
to protect against unwanted multiple instantiations of the singleton
object is orthogonal to the design of the singleton, and is clunky
besides.

My two cents.
dr