From: Gordon Smith (schmoo2k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-10 08:40:42

Here is my experience with the 1.32 branch:

1. 1.32 went gold - I download the tagged version and built it with the
"install" option. This resulted in an include folder of
"C:\Boost\include\boost-1_32" with corresponding lib files.

2. For the next couple of months I get the HEAD - when I build it, it also
goes into "C:\Boost\include\boost-1_32" with corresponding lib names.

Now I am capable of maintain separate folders, but it is very easy to get
fooled about which version I am actually using.

Now after the 1_33 release, if you instantly upped it to 1_33_1 (even if it
never went gold) I would know that the largest version is always the HEAD.

Thoughts?

Gordon.