From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-11 08:33:01

"Russell Hind" <rh_gmane_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
| > Thanks. I have applied them and comitted.
| >

| I've had to make some mods as Borland doesn't appear to like template
| statements in macros. See attached but don't apply this without reading
| my comments below
|
| > | The next error I'm not so sure on is in tutl.cpp line 233:
| > |
| > | tut1.cpp:
| > | Error E2227 tut1.cpp 233: Extra parameter in call to
| >
| > I don't get this error. Do you know what the fix is?
| >

| I think the problem is the 'using base_type::release' in the macros at
| the end of reversible_ptr_container.hpp I don't think Borland is
| picking these up. I've tried to implement a release instead of the
| using, which just passes it on to base_type. This works for ptr_vector,
| but gives more compile errors in ptr_deque due to auto_type. Maybe you
| can help with this?

well, release() returns base::auto_type which might not be avaiæable, so the
way release() should be implemented is

typename base_type::auto_type release( typename base_type::iterator i )
{ return boost::ptr_container_detail::move( base_type::release(i) ); }

| The other common error is on ptr_sequence_adaptor.hpp line 99. Perhaps
| you understand what is happening here to? I've attached my test output
| also.

I think I changed this part of the file yesterday. Maybe you could tell me
what line 99 is today by doing a cvs update?

-Thorsten
| public:
| -#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__, BOOST_TESTED_AT(0x564))
| - BOOST_PTR_CONTAINER_DEFINE_NON_INHERITED_MEMBERS(
ptr_list<T,CloneAllocator,Allocator>,
| +#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(__BORLANDC__, BOOST_TESTED_AT(0x564))
| + typedef ptr_list<T,CloneAllocator,Allocator> this_type;
| + BOOST_PTR_CONTAINER_DEFINE_NON_INHERITED_MEMBERS( this_type,
| base_class );

where these kinds of typedefs necessary or did the cvs work ok?

-Thorsten