From: Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) (SeeWebsiteForEmail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-11 10:49:45

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>By the way, if anyone is interested in adding flex_string to boost
>>:o), I have recently updated the code and reached a design and
>>implementation I'm very happy with.
>

> Will you be interested in submitting it?
>
> There is going to be a fixed string review soon. Common base for/cooperation
> in between fixed and dynamic string would be really interesting discussion.

Interesting. flex_string does have a fixed size policy - one that is
buggy for strings with size greater than 254 :o).

So yes, I'd say, if there is a fixed string being submitted, why not
complement (or actually bundle) with that a design that allows a variety
of strings, including fixed.

Limited time is always an issue to me, but if anyone wants to take the
initiative of writing the docs, I would be glad to help with bugs and
discussion for improvements. I've added Reece to the recipient list. On
the other hand, I'd totally understand if he wouldn't care for the
aggravation; heck, if I wrote a lib, I'd be glad to see it in and be
done with it :o). On a yet another hand, I think flex_string would add
value to the submission.

Andrei