From: Allan Wind (allan_wind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-22 02:29:30

On 2005-05-22T07:03:55+0200, John Torjo wrote:
> I will want to allow turning off certain logs (that is, setting their
> level to DISABLED). If so, all messages will be ignored.

If you can configure at run-time which tag you want to log, then why do
you need a disable (opposed to just remove some tag you want logged)?

> In case you have CRITICAL messages, I assume they will go to 1 or 2
> logs, which I assume you'll never turn off.

If the syslog levels have stood the test of time, then yeah use that but
make it a separate field apart of the naming hierarchy to allow parsing
of the log file without knowing said hierarchy.

/Allan