From: Hendrik Schober (SpamTrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 10:14:21

Jonathan Wakely <cow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> Terse, but quite accurate:

  I wouldn't doubt its accuracy. It's just that I
  needed to read it two times to understand it.
  (And I surely benefit from reading here since
  long before bjam got discussed.)

> Invoke the build system, specifying the toolset(s) you wish to use,
> to build and install. For example for GNU/GCC.
>
> bjam "-sTOOLS=gcc" install
>
> Where "toolset" is a link to the table of toolset names.
> Neither "vc" nor "VC71_ROOT" is in that table.

  Mhmm. I re-read it. The first thing I stumbled
  over was #3, where it says:

   "The following toolsets are supported by Boost.Build.
    For information about configuring each toolset,
    click its name in the leftmost column."

  I picked mine and there was a variable name
  shown. So I copied this...

> I don't like bjam much, and I don't think users should have to use the
> command line, but I do think reading instructions is a reasonable
> requirement ;)

  ...of course, I could have read more
  thouroughly. But that was the OP's point: It
  just takes too much effort to be named custom
  friendly.

> jon

  Schobi

--