From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 11:57:53

Brian Braatz wrote:

> Details:
> I am using V2. I am NOW much closer. I am compiling but NOT
> LINKING- I have removed VC70 COMPLETELY from my box and
> rebuilt boost with 71 (again).
> That an a using msvc : 7.1. : (path to cl.exe) in the
> user-config.jam got me to compile.

There was some confusion on the list about how to specify <rtti>off for the
vc71 compiler in the Jamfile.v2. Since I'm no boost build expert (or more
concrete, I have minimal clue only how it works) I followed the suggestions.
So the Wave Jamfile.v2 files now contain a

    <toolset>msvc-7.1:<rtti>off # workaround for compiler bug

which is supposed to switch off the RTTI generation for this compiler
(because it otherwise shows the observed behaviour).

> I am now trying to build the quick start with the VC71 IDE
>
> My current problem is this link error:
> Linking...
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'

Very strange, there seems to occur some interaction between the vc71 and the
generated vc70 libraries. Could you please remove all the binaries generated
by your vc70 and compile boost from the scratch with the vc71

Regards Hartmut