From: Manfred Doudar (manfred.doudar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-28 06:55:55

John Maddock wrote:

>> Under the pretext of my argument, I think it would be a
>> good idea if Boost had as part of its offical web-site,
>> an area where commercial enterprise can list their use of
>> Boost in their projects.
>

> It's been suggested before, and met pretty much universal agreement,
> for some reason it's never been implemented.

I really hope others are attune to this issue. I know quite a few are
rather busy at this time, especially considering the work being put
into the release of 1.33 ... but how might this issue be pushed along?

... It's often an up hill battle, when you're the one developer among
10 or so, who advocates Boost usage. (This is really another argument
for following through with such a thing. It usually is one developer
who sneaks Boost into an organization, and it would be really helpful
if Boost as a whole could help plant that seed).

>> If you got this far ... thanks for listening. And if I've
>> stepped on a few toes, I do apolgize.
>

> We've all got steel toe caps around here, so no need to apologise,
> especially if you're right ;-)

That's comforting to be reminded of once in a while :-)

Cheers,

--
Manfred Doudar
MetOcean Engineers