From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-28 15:02:32

Just in case anyone's interested:

I've been struggling to reconcile the problem whereby including a header
from boost/serialization/* provokes the autolinking code to request that one
of the serialization libraries be included in the link.

The problem is that this library is requested even though there are no
pending undefined symbols. So what works fine without autolinking - no
missng symbols so the serialization*.lib is not needed fails with
autolinking where the library is requested even though it contains no
undefined symbols. This shouldn't add any code but it is a pain in the neck
to require a library when it is really not needed.

I'm still working on this - but it turns out harder than it looks for
reasons that are too tedious to go into here.

Robert Ramey