From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 10:59:54

Jeff Flinn wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>
>>David Abrahams wrote:

>>>The question is, will it make *more* people comfortable?
>>
>>Program Files requires administrative or Power User rights and is
>>reserved for (gasp) program files, but \libs\boost doesn't sound bad.
>

> \libs\boost sounds reasonable.
>
> I agree, as well, with the arguments against using Program Files.

I'm not sure "libs", or "Libraries", or "Library Files", fits in this
case because we are talking about both programs(bjam, wave, etc.) and
libraries. And the other examples, Python, MinGW, etc. also install
programs. A more appropriate location would be:

        "\Development Files\Boost"
        "\Development Files\Python"
        "\Development Files\MinGW"

Although the shorter "\Development\*" would probably works as well. But
if we are talking about such a location you need to consider language
localization, in the same way as "Program Files" treated.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything