From: Narech Koumar (narechk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-10 13:50:23

Hi,

> Are you going to submit this as a boost tool?

I have nothing against it. If there is a general interest in using Dox
amongst the boost community I'll gladly submit it. The question is how
do I do that?

> I am not extremely familiar with the whole documentation generation
> aspect of boost, so I am not sure how this would fit in.
>
> If you are planning to submit this, I suggest you:
>
> * Pay careful attention to anyone who responds to this mail who knows
> more about how the doc gen stuff works
> * "Go the last mile"- i.e. do whatever extra work needed to fully
> integrate this tool based on the feedback and thoughts you get (i.e.
> don't expect someone to do it for you)

Thanks for the suggestions.

> Maybe if you ran doxygen on boost, and then ran your tool on that and
> put it up on a web server somewhere, you could post a link here and
> people could see "the big picture".

Boost is one of the regression/performance tests for Dox :) . At this
point the majority of the boosts' libs can be documented as is;
unfortunately there are some major eeky quirks in the current version of
Doxygen which hinder boost to be documented in its entirety.

The currently produced documentation of boost API is far too large for
me to host (ca 60Meg of HTML). If someone has a webspace to offer I'll
gladly send them a .zip, alternatively someone can run Dox locally and
post the results. The following libs/directories are known to pass
through Doxygen->Dox fairly unmaimed:

algorithm
archive
assign