From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-18 10:21:14

bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?CPP_Template_Metaprogramming_Book_-_Answers_Page

> nor
>
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-
> bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Effective_MPL
>
> seem to be quite right.
>
> --
> Dave Abrahams
[Brian Braatz Writes:]

After the following is resolved: (both the thread I am responding to and
the link below are 2 halves of the same problem)
http://tinyurl.com/8xup5

I will be able to take a vector<>- go through a set<> and "return" a
vector with all duplicate types removed.

Once I have a final solution to this, I will post the full code (again
for people searching the archives looking to solve the same problem)

Thinking along the same lines as David, here is my suggestion:

* We create a MPL FAQ page on the Wiki (or is there one I could not
find?)
* this way when users bump into a problem, we can post the solution to
the FAQ
* it might be a good idea to ask people to post it to THIS LIST first,
otherwise the FAQ may end up with ill formed samples

Thoughts?

I would be happy to put the first entry in the Wiki FAQ page if we can
get one created. (i.e. "How do I remove all the duplicate types from a
sequence?")

Also- I would add that using mpl::for_each<> while covered in the MPL
book, would be a good entry to also have in there. (I would be happy to
add an wiki entry referencing the book). Something like "How to I print
all the types in a sequence?" as the question.

some other ideas: (for entries)
* "How do I call decide to call a method on a class based on it's type"
* "How do build a library like boost.function<>, with a variable number
of arguments? How do I do this in such a way as to support older
compilers?"

The basic idea is that the Question is listed, then the answer is
listed. Then references to follow up information is listed. (i.e point
them back to the MPL reference manual or the MPL book)

what do you guys think?