From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-23 09:12:56

"Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Didn't work for me.
>
> I have very odd behavior. When try to build he library with
>
> bjam -sTOOLS=como-4_3_3-vc7_1 >bjam.log
>
> I get the problem cited above and the build seems to stop working. Then I
> do it again and it occurs with a different module and build halts. Each
> time I attempt, the build fails to build the library for lack of some
> required object modules.

It might be a good idea to delete any files called ".jamdeps" that you
can find.

> I suspect that might be only my problem.

But that's not "the problem cited above" AFAICT. You were talking
about mangled command-lines, weren't you?

> On the other hand, I had to change the command line in my como batch
> file that I use for non-bjam builds as it seems the required command
> line settngs changes.

Please do

  bjam -a -sTOOLS=como-4_3_3-vc7_1 -obuild.dump

and look at the resulting build.dump file. You should be able to see
every command that's issued, and pick out the problems. If there are
problems in the command lines, please post the entire file.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting